Monday, November 23, 2009

Dirt


I associate dirt with the early childhood of young boys. Boys, Dirt, it just goes together. I am like my mother in that I am a clean freak. It's really not hard to believe. My motto is,"Everything has its place and should be put back when not used!" Dirt just belongs outside on the ground, underneath my shoes. It should not be on me, my pants or on top of my shoes and heaven forbid if I find more than necessary inside my home!

I found an article about research a group of scientists have discovered about our germ-i-o- phobe society. Children should play in the dirt. Lay off on the germ-x and go for the mud. Scientists discovered that the bacteria in dirt builds up a child's immunity. A number one reason, I think why we have allergies and annoying skin conditions like eczema. I myself am victim to both, and yet try to live in a blissful ignorance of the fact.

The medication makes my skin age faster than normal, bleh! and if it doesn't, it just does not work! Now I find that the solution is simple, to just play in the dirt! Well, I wish it was that simple. The thought of building mud pies is great when one you're five. But not at 21! I wonder if mud masque facials count?

No comments: